This position reports directly to the Director of Anacostia Arts Center and assists in the visual arts programs of ARCH. It is responsible for ensuring the exhibition programming meets a high standard quality and is in keeping with the organizational priorities, mission, and vision. This position is required to work events and days when the galleries and arts center welcome high volume of guests. Consequently, the position will work a flexible schedule, including at least one weekend day and evenings as needed.
Candidate should have a bachelor’s degree, significant art handling and installation experience, Knowledge of trends in US arts movements, proficiency in Microsoft Office, excellent communication skills, and familiarity with the DC arts and culture scene.
- Assist in visual programming, in collaboration with ARCH Team, for all gallery spaces and for any off site opportunities
- Coordinate with artists for exhibitions, from contract to de-installation
- Maintain current efforts for artist participation in DC Artists East website. Including finding and sharing artists, updating the homepage with news, promoting the site as a resource, and mining the collective power of the site for opportunities for East of the River Artists
- Respond to sales and artist queries
- Work with ARCH team on other creative programming such as performing arts schedule and community engagement events
- Execute all installation and de-installation of artworks both within ARCH spaces and off site.
- Ensure that galleries are well kept and have proper supplies and equipment
- Schedule, install, and curate informal exhibition in ARCH spaces such as Hive 2.0, 1227, and AAC Lounge/Hallway
- Welcoming visitors/onsite relations/gallery sitting
- Create reports for grants including user reports, event reports, and other stats/facts as requested
- Serve as event manager when needed
- Work as part of a team to promote the galleries, ARCH, and Historic Anacostia.
- Other duties as assigned