Hip Hop Academy Summer Program
June 19 @ 10:00 am - August 18 @ 6:00 pm$50
Age range: 12-17 years old
Class size: 4-6 participants per class
Class span: Tuesdays and Thursdays for two hours (between 10am-6pm) June 19-August 16 with a final performance on August 18 at 7pm.
Class fee: $50 refundable fee (to be refunded after the final performance if student is present for 100% of the classes and performance)
Program Goals: The goal for the program is to use hip-hop as a means to create career skills in the music and creative arts industries.
- Gain introductory knowledge of respective discipline
- Become conversant in hip hop vocabulary
- Gain historical perspectives on the culture of hip-hop
- Experience live performance
- Create original content
- Gain professional skills for music and entertainment
- Interpersonal skills (teamwork, discipline, work ethics)