Last Updated: July 25, 2022
INFORMATION THAT MAY BE COLLECTED
What Information Does Wacif Collect?
We may collect personal information about you including, without limitation, non-public information about you that helps Wacif identify you such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, age, telephone number, Website password, occupation, and other demographic and non-publicly available information. In some instances, financial institution subcontractors of Wacif may collect financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers. You may also be required to select a username and password for use on the Website. Certain features of the Website, including but not limited to making purchases and signing up for certain subscription-based access to paid content may require credit card and billing information as well. Wacif reserves the right to combine personally identifiable information we collect with publicly available information or information obtained from third parties or affiliates.
We also may collect information about your use of the Website, including, without limitation: your IP address/domain name combination, any referring sites, usage statistics, browsing history, type of computer operating system you use (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS), the type of browser you use (e.g., Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer), the domain name of your internet service provider, your use of social media (e.g., Twitter or LinkedIn) in connection with the Website, any searches that you run, and/or any bookmarks that you make. Wacif may collect certain information about the computer, mobile device, service provider, or other means by which the user accesses our Website, including, without limitations, the hardware model, operating system and version, MAC address, unique device identifier, phone number, International Mobile Equipment Identity ("IMEI"), and mobile network information. Wacif employs various technologies and mechanisms to collect data about your use of the Website, including, without limitation, sending cookies to you. Cookies are small files, which may be stored on your hard drive or in device memory, that help the Website facilitate and improve your user experience, track the frequency of use of portions, areas, and features of the Website, and account for other aspects user access and use of the Website. Wacif may also use web beacons in its collection of this information. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "User Choices" below.
Wacif may allow ad networks, such as third party ad servers and ad agencies (e.g., Google Ads), to serve advertisements within the Website. Wacif may also place web beacons for these companies within the pages on our Website. Because your web browser must request these advertisements and web beacons from the ad network’s servers, these companies can view, edit or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site.
How We Collect Information
You do not need to provide us with personally identifiable information in order to visit and use some of the services on our Website. However, to participate in some activities and use some services on the Website, it is necessary for you to provide personally identifiable information.
We may collect personal information from you, for example, without limitation, when you:
- Sign up to become a Wacif client;
- Sign up to receive e-mail alerts, announcements or newsletters;
- Interact with the Website;
- Sign up for a any conference, symposium, or other event Wacif hosts, organizes, or participates in (or those of its affiliates);
- Search any of the Website’s databases, including the Website’s Dashboard; and
- Communicate with Wacif via the Website or email.
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Sites. For example, if you use our Sites to make a donation, we will receive limited information about you from the third party that processes your payment, including but not limited to your name, address, email address and donation amount. We will not, however, receive any information about the payment card you use to make the donation.
Personal information collected by Wacif may be stored and processed in the United States in accordance with the laws of the United States. By using the Website, you expressly consent to the storage and processing of your personal information in the United States or elsewhere in accordance with the laws of the United States. Wacif may retain your personal information for as long as Wacif deems necessary.
Wacif automatically receives and records non-personal information on our server logs from your browser as well as through other analysis of the Website. We also may collect information using cookies, web beacons, crawlers, scrapers, bots, or similar technologies, or through third parties using similar technologies. As mentioned above, when you visit the Website, your web browser may store cookies on your computer, which will better enable you to navigate the Website upon return. You may use the Website even if you choose to reject or delete the cookies. Cookies also may be used by some of the other websites for which a link is placed on the Website.
HOW WACIF MAY USE THE COLLECTED INFORMATION
You hereby understand, acknowledge, and agree that Wacif may use information for many purposes, including, without limitation:
- Administering the Website;
- Enabling your access to and use of the Website;
- Processing and responding to your requests and inquiries and provide services to you;
- Alerting you and sending you electronic communications regarding new developments, Website features, special events, services, or Wacif news;
- Sending announcements and providing you with contents;
- Confirming transactions and submissions you make through the Website;
- Improving the Website and enhancing the user experience;
- Customizing the advertising and content you see, including the display of targeted and contextual advertisements;
- Inform you of technical notices and administrative messages;
- Track user trends, usage, and activities
- Monitor and analyze information regarding your browsing and viewing preferences and to diagnose problems of the Website;
- Analyzing our users’ demographics and interests;
- Generating anonymous and/or aggregated reporting;
- Replying to your concerns, question, and requests and otherwise maintain customer service;
- Allowing you to use interactive features of the Website
- For fraud prevention, internal operations, legal compliance, and other public purposes;
- Any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Wacif’s Website is located and hosted within the United States and is intended for and directed to users in the United States. If you use or access the Website internationally, in a jurisdiction where the laws or regulations differ from United States laws, including, without limitation, those laws and regulations relating to privacy, data collection and use, and disclosure, you hereby understand, acknowledge, and agree that your use of the Website is governed by United States law. You further consent to jurisdiction within the United States (as provided by the Jurisdiction and Choice of Law section above), and waive any right you may have to apply the laws of any other jurisdiction or nation. You hereby understand and acknowledge that, by using the Website (and/or any portions thereof), you are transferring your personal information to the United States, and you consent to that transfer.
How Wacif May Use, Provide, or Share the Collected Information
You hereby agree that Wacif may use, provide, or share information about you for a variety purposes. These include, but are not limited to:
- Wacif may provide such information in connection with and responsive to a legal process or a request for information filed as part of an on-going legal action in a court of competent jurisdiction, arbitration panel, or other judicial tribunal, if Wacif believes disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, rule, or regulation, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- Wacif may disclose such information to others for purposes of outsourcing one or more of Wacif's functions to service providers who work on behalf of or with Wacif under confidentiality or similar agreements including service providers, agents, vendors, advertisers, consultants and affiliates
- Wacif may use such information to confirm or update information provided by you;
- Wacif may provide such information in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or disposition of all or any portion of WACIF’s business or operations (including without limitation in connection with bankruptcy or any similar proceedings);
- Wacif may share information to others in connection with and in order to investigate or remedy potential violations of our user agreements or policies (including, without limitations, any part of these Terms), or to protect the rights, property and safety of Wacif , our users or others;
- Wacif may share information with others in relation to a potential, negotiated, or completed business transaction or transfers of all or a portions of Wacif (its subsidiaries and/or affiliates) to another entity;
- Wacif may share analytical and other information for the purpose of analyzing Wacif's positive impact on the company;
- Wacif may share information with Wacif's affiliates, organizations, or other individuals or business, when a user has requested or directed Wacif and/or Wacif has received your consent to so; and
- Wacif may share information with other parties as otherwise authorized by you.
Wacif also may use and share non-personally identifiable information with third parties. Additionally, we may take personally identifiable information and de-identify it and share it in a de-identified or aggregated form with third parties, consultants, advertisers and/or business partners in order to analyze Website usage, demographics, interests, improve our products or services, improve our user experience, research and reporting or for similar purposes. We will not re-identify such data, and we will ask our contracting parties to agree to keep the data in its de-identified form.
Allowing or Rejecting Cookies
The default setting on most web browsers is to accept cookies by default. However, most web browsers allow you elect to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose for your web browser to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability, functionality, and/or usability of our Website.
Analytics Website Provided by Others
Wacif may engage others to perform analytics services for the Website. These individuals or entities may use various mechanisms (including, without limitation, utilizing cookies, web beacons, and other technologies) to collect information about your use of the Website and other websites. This collected information may include, but is not limited to, your IP address, web browser, the pages you have viewed, time spent on pages, the links you have clicked, and conversion information. Wacif may utilize this information in order to, among other things, monitor user data, evaluate the frequency in which certain content on or portions of the Website are used, and more accurately comprehend your activity while using the Website.
Wacif will exercise reasonable care, including taking technical and organizational precautions, in order to protect your personal data and information from unauthorized access, loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. This data and information will only be stored on secure servers owned, controlled, or contracted for by Wacif. If Wacif engages a third party for its data hosting, Wacif will endeavor to ensure that party has agreed to comply with the privacy standards contained herein or enforce privacy standards consistent with those contained herein.
Despite Wacif’s obligations to make reasonable efforts to protect personal information as set forth above, no transmission of data or information over the Internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under the control of Wacif to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect personal information, neither Wacif nor our service providers can ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the Internet. Any such transmission is at your own risk. By using the Website, you understand, acknowledge, consent to, and agree not to hold Wacif responsible or liable for any damage, pecuniary or otherwise, caused by a third party’s unauthorized access to or use of your personal information. You further agree to defend, indemnify, and hold Wacif harmless for any damage, pecuniary or otherwise, caused by a third party’s unauthorized access to or use of your personal information, and waive and release any claim, allegation, or cause of action that you may have for the same. Further, by using the Website, you understand, acknowledge, consent to, and agree not to hold Wacif responsible for maintaining or storing your personal information or other user-generated content for any particular period of time. You further agree to defend, indemnify, and hold Wacif harmless for any damage, pecuniary or otherwise, caused by a third party’s unauthorized access to or use of your personal information, and you waive and release any claim, allegation, or cause of action that you may have for the same.
Links to Third Party Sites
The Website may contain links to third party websites. Wacif is not responsible for the practices of third parties and encourages users to read these privacy policies associated with these third party websites before using their websites. Wacif has no control over and is not responsible for the content of or claims made by websites, hyperlinks, or other services that may be linked to or from the Website (and/or any portions thereof), whether or not they may be affiliated with Wacif. Any websites linked to or from the Website are for the user’s convenience only, and you access them at your own risk. Please be aware that you also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use affiliate services, third-party content or third-party software, or visit another website linked to by Wacif or the Website
Note on Policy on Use by Children
The Website is directed and intended to be used by people who are thirteen (13) years or older. If you are concerned or believe that your child has provided Wacif information without your consent (including, without limitation, registered an account for the Website without your consent), please contact us at , and please note in the subject line of the email “Children Use on Wacif Website without Parental Consent.” Wacif does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. Wacif will remove personal information it later becomes aware was furnished by a child under the age of 13 (who does not have parental consent) and terminate the associated account.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Severance and Waiver:
You understand, acknowledge, and agree that if any provision of these Terms shall be found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. You further understand, acknowledge, and agree that, if any provision of these Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision.
Wacif’s failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by Wacif.